Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A whole lot of thoughts

OSU lost last night to OU in basketball. Oklahoma got covered in ice. Austin is supposed to get cold by noon today. Unfortunate because I only have a light jacket. It was 60 when I left my house this morning!

I always have a lot of things I want to write about until I sit down at the computer. Then I draw a blank. I realized yesterday why I had been having decent hair days. There was no moisture in Austin. Yesterday it was misty and rainy all day and my hair felt the effects. John and I ran 5 miles on Sunday. It wasn't too hard. John told me that he was surprised I ran the whole way. I was like, what? Of course I ran the whole way. I was supposed to. Yesterday I ran for 30 minutes. It was hard which was discouraging.

On Saturday John and I went to Snow's Barbecue in Lexington, Texas. The drive was really pretty. Snow's was ranked No. 1 by Texas Monthly for having the best barbecue in the state. I don't normally like sausage but this sausage was delectable. The brisket was really moist and tender. The barbecue is fantastic. Absolutely unbelievable. While we were at Snow's I bought my first box of Girl Scout cookies. They were yummy. Thin Mints!

We bought one of those fancy schmancy scales that tell you your bone mass, body fat percentage and muscle percentage. Oh yeah, it tells you your weight as well. I have no clue if I am in the normal range on the other things (body fat, muscle percentage) but my weight is right where it normally is. Apparently working out every single day doesn't really make much difference. I do feel better though. My knees don't hurt as much. I don't feel sick to my stomach after eating - I did when I was in Oklahoma because we were eating such rich foods. So, I'm not going to change anything and I'm going to try to not be discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment