Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bush girls

It is going to be a busy day today. I have meetings all day. Thursday is sort of my unofficial meeting day. I can handle it.

So, there is a letter that the Bush twins wrote to the Obama girls. It was so moving and touching. The Bush girls are a few years younger than me, I believe. And, they went to school at UT Austin and lived here for quite some time. So, they talked about learning that your dad is your dad not some sketch of him. I was really impressed by the Bush twins. They also talked about how if you were travelling on Halloween - dress up and trick or treat down the plane aisles. They talked about playing house in the White House. It was very down-to-earth and candid. I respect that. The article, if you are interested, is on CNN.com.

1 comment:

  1. Here's the link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123239885943895155.html?mod=rss_Today%27s_Most_Popular

    I think one of the twins went to Yale for undergrad. But they definitely hung out in Austin - I think that's where they got busted for underage drinking... :)

    ReplyDelete