Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend recap

I had a pretty good weekend. On Friday night Tressa, John and I went to the Austin Boat Show. Thank goodness I received the tickets for free from work. On Saturday morning we went to Waco, Texas, to watch OSU play Baylor. OSU lost in overtime. It was pretty heartbreaking. But we did get to see the Baylor Bears. There are 2 black bears that go for walks around Baylor's campus. When I was in college I remember getting an e-mail about the horrible conditions the bears were living in. They have redone the facilities (or maybe created new ones) and now the bears are living in style. We ate dinner at a Texas Roadhouse. It was good. Then we drove back to Austin and went to the Round Rock outlet stores. It was really pretty fun. By the time we got home on Saturday we were pretty well exhausted. Sunday was our 4 mile run day. It was pretty hard. I'm not so very good at regulating my breathing if I'm not on a treadmill so that is something I need to work on.

So, yesterday we bee-bopped around and then went to the gym. Yesterday I was a running rockstar. I ran for 12 minutes - walked for 2 - ran for 4 - walked for 1 - ran for 10. It was awesome. And, I was running at a pretty good pace for me.

This morning John and I got up at 5:15 so we could work out because at lunch today I am going to be watching/listening to the inauguration. It was hard to get up this morning. We did the elliptical machine today because it was a non-running day.

Have a good one today!

No comments:

Post a Comment